11.07.2011

Today's Bible story

November 7, 2011

We want a good thing today.

Today's Bible story based on the calendar of the Catholic Church.
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/calendar.php

Most of these contents are things of The World English Bible.
http://ebible.org/web/

-----

Daily Readings:

First Reading: Wisdom 1:1-7

Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible
http://www.drbo.org/chapter/25001.htm

-----

Psalm: Psalms 139:1-10

1 Yahweh, you have searched me,
and you know me.

2 You know my sitting down and my rising up.
You perceive my thoughts from afar.

3 You search out my path and my lying down,
and are acquainted with all my ways.

4 For there is not a word on my tongue,
but, behold, Yahweh, you know it altogether.

5 You hem me in behind and before.
You laid your hand on me.

6 This knowledge is beyond me.
It's lofty.
I can't attain it.

7 Where could I go from your Spirit?
Or where could I flee from your presence?

8 If I ascend up into heaven, you are there.
If I make my bed in Sheol*, behold, you are there!

9 If I take the wings of the dawn,
and settle in the uttermost parts of the sea;

10 Even there your hand will lead me,
and your right hand will hold me.

-----

Gospel: Luke 17:1-6

1 He said to the disciples, "It is impossible that no occasions of stumbling should come, but woe to him through whom they come!

2 It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea, rather than that he should cause one of these little ones to stumble.

3 Be careful. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him. If he repents, forgive him.

4 If he sins against you seven times in the day, and seven times returns, saying, 'I repent,' you shall forgive him."
5 The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith."

6 The Lord said, "If you had faith like a grain of mustard seed, you would tell this sycamore tree, 'Be uprooted, and be planted in the sea,' and it would obey you.

-----

It is prayed that peace is richly on you.

-----