12.16.2011

Today's Bible story

December 16, 2011

Today we want to become a good day.

Today's Bible story based on the calendar of the Catholic Church.
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/calendar.php

Most of these contents are things of The World English Bible.
http://ebible.org/web/

We hope that everyone in the peace of the Lord.

-----

Saints:
St. Adelaide

-----

+ First Reading: Isaiah 56:1-3a, 6-8

1 Thus says Yahweh, "Keep justice, and do righteousness; for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.

2 Blessed is the man who does this, and the son of man who holds it fast; who keeps the Sabbath from profaning it, and keeps his hand from doing any evil."

3a Neither let the foreigner, who has joined himself to Yahweh, speak, saying, "Yahweh will surely separate me from his people."

6 Also the foreigners who join themselves to Yahweh, to minister to him, and to love Yahweh's name, to be his servants, everyone who keeps the Sabbath from profaning it, and holds fast my covenant;

7 even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted on my altar; for my house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples."

8 The Lord Yahweh, who gathers the outcasts of Israel, says, "Yet will I gather others to him, besides his own who are gathered."

-----

+ Psalm: Psalms 67:1-2,4,6-7

1 May God be merciful to us, bless us,
and cause his face to shine on us.
Selah.

2 That your way may be known on earth,
and your salvation among all nations,

4 Oh let the nations be glad and sing for joy,
for you will judge the peoples with equity,
and govern the nations on earth.

6 The earth has yielded its increase.
God, even our own God, will bless us.

7 God will bless us.
All the ends of the earth shall fear him.

-----

+ Gospel: John 5:33-36

33 You have sent to John, and he has testified to the truth.

34 But the testimony which I receive is not from man. However, I say these things that you may be saved.

35 He was the burning and shining lamp, and you were willing to rejoice for a while in his light.

36 But the testimony which I have is greater than that of John, for the works which the Father gave me to accomplish, the very works that I do, testify about me, that the Father has sent me.

-----