6.04.2012

Today's Bible story

June 4, 2012

Monday of the Ninth Week in Ordinary Time

We hope that today is a good day.

Today's Bible story based on the calendar of the Catholic Church.
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/calendar.php

Most of these contents are things of The World English Bible.
http://ebible.org/web/

We hope that everyone in the peace of the Lord.

-----

+ Saints:
St. Francis Caracciolo
St. Optatus

-----

+ First Reading: 2 Peter 1:2-7

2 Grace to you and peace be multiplied in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord,

3 seeing that his divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and virtue;

4 by which he has granted to us his precious and exceedingly great promises; that through these you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world by lust.

5 Yes, and for this very cause adding on your part all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence; and in moral excellence, knowledge;

6 and in knowledge, self-control; and in self-control patience; and in patience godliness;

7 and in godliness brotherly affection; and in brotherly affection, love.

-----

+ Psalm: Psalms 91:1-2, 14-15bc-16

1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of Yahweh, "He is my refuge and my fortress;
my God, in whom I trust."

14 "Because he has set his love on me, therefore I will deliver him.
I will set him on high, because he has known my name.

15bc I will be with him in trouble.
I will deliver him, and honor him.

16 I will satisfy him with long life,
and show him my salvation."

-----

+ Gospel: Mark 12:1-12

1 He began to speak to them in parables. "A man planted a vineyard, put a hedge around it, dug a pit for the winepress, built a tower, rented it out to a farmer, and went into another country.

2 When it was time, he sent a servant to the farmer to get from the farmer his share of the fruit of the vineyard.

3 They took him, beat him, and sent him away empty.

4 Again, he sent another servant to them; and they threw stones at him, wounded him in the head, and sent him away shamefully treated.

5 Again he sent another; and they killed him; and many others, beating some, and killing some.

6 Therefore still having one, his beloved son, he sent him last to them, saying, 'They will respect my son.'

7 But those farmers said among themselves, 'This is the heir. Come, let's kill him, and the inheritance will be ours.'

8 They took him, killed him, and cast him out of the vineyard.

9 What therefore will the lord of the vineyard do? He will come and destroy the farmers, and will give the vineyard to others.

10 Haven't you even read this Scripture:
'The stone which the builders rejected,
the same was made the head of the corner.

11 This was from the Lord,
it is marvelous in our eyes'?"*

12 They tried to seize him, but they feared the multitude; for they perceived that he spoke the parable against them. They left him, and went away.

*12:11: Psalm 118:22-23


-----

+ Today's Reading: Galatians 1:13-2:10

1:13 For you have heard of my way of living in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the assembly of God, and ravaged it.

14 I advanced in the Jews' religion beyond many of my own age among my countrymen, being more exceedingly zealous for the traditions of my fathers.

15 But when it was the good pleasure of God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me through his grace,

16 to reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I didn't immediately confer with flesh and blood,

17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me, but I went away into Arabia. Then I returned to Damascus.

18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to visit Peter, and stayed with him fifteen days.

19 But of the other apostles I saw no one, except James, the Lord's brother.

20 Now about the things which I write to you, behold, before God, I'm not lying.

21 Then I came to the regions of Syria and Cilicia.

22 I was still unknown by face to the assemblies of Judea which were in Christ,

23 but they only heard: "He who once persecuted us now preaches the faith that he once tried to destroy."

24 And they glorified God in me.

2:1 Then after a period of fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, taking Titus also with me.

2 I went up by revelation, and I laid before them the Good News which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately before those who were respected, for fear that I might be running, or had run, in vain.

3 But not even Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised.

4 This was because of the false brothers secretly brought in, who stole in to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage;

5 to whom we gave no place in the way of subjection, not for an hour, that the truth of the Good News might continue with you.

6 But from those who were reputed to be important (whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God doesn't show partiality to man)—they, I say, who were respected imparted nothing to me,

7 but to the contrary, when they saw that I had been entrusted with the Good News for the uncircumcision, even as Peter with the Good News for the circumcision

8 (for he who appointed Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision appointed me also to the Gentiles);

9 and when they perceived the grace that was given to me, James and Cephas and John, they who were reputed to be pillars, gave to me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles, and they to the circumcision.

10 They only asked us to remember the poor—which very thing I was also zealous to do.

-----