7.24.2012

Today's Bible story

July 24, 2012

Tuesday of the Sixteenth Week in Ordinary Time

We hope that today is a good day.

Today's Bible story based on the calendar of the Catholic Church.
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/calendar.php

Most of these contents are things of The World English Bible.
http://ebible.org/web/

We hope that everyone in the peace of the Lord.

-----

+ Saints: St. Charbel Makhlouf

-----

+ First Reading: Micah 7:14-15, 18-20

14 Shepherd your people with your staff,
the flock of your heritage,
who dwell by themselves in a forest,
in the midst of fertile pasture land, let them feed;
in Bashan and Gilead, as in the days of old.

15 "As in the days of your coming forth out of the land of Egypt,
I will show them marvelous things."

18 Who is a God like you, who pardons iniquity,
and passes over the disobedience of the remnant of his heritage?
He doesn't retain his anger forever,
because he delights in loving kindness.

19 He will again have compassion on us.
He will tread our iniquities under foot;
and you will cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.

20 You will give truth to Jacob,
and mercy to Abraham,
as you have sworn to our fathers from the days of old.

-----

+ Psalm: Psalms 85:1-7

1 Yahweh, you have been favorable to your land.
You have restored the fortunes of Jacob.

2 You have forgiven the iniquity of your people.
You have covered all their sin.
Selah.

3 You have taken away all your wrath.
You have turned from the fierceness of your anger.

4 Turn us, God of our salvation,
and cause your indignation toward us to cease.

5 Will you be angry with us forever?
Will you draw out your anger to all generations?

6 Won't you revive us again,
that your people may rejoice in you?

7 Show us your loving kindness, Yahweh.
Grant us your salvation.

-----

+ Gospel: Matthew 12:46-50

46 While he was yet speaking to the multitudes, behold, his mother and his brothers stood outside, seeking to speak to him.

47 One said to him, "Behold, your mother and your brothers stand outside, seeking to speak to you."

48 But he answered him who spoke to him, "Who is my mother? Who are my brothers?"

49 He stretched out his hand towards his disciples, and said, "Behold, my mother and my brothers!

50 For whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, he is my brother, and sister, and mother."

-----

+ Today's Reading: Job 13:13-14:6

13 "Be silent, leave me alone, that I may speak.
Let come on me what will.

14 Why should I take my flesh in my teeth,
and put my life in my hand?

15 Behold, he will kill me.
I have no hope.
Nevertheless, I will maintain my ways before him.

16 This also shall be my salvation,
that a godless man shall not come before him.

17 Hear diligently my speech.
Let my declaration be in your ears.

18 See now, I have set my cause in order.
I know that I am righteous.

19 Who is he who will contend with me?
For then would I hold my peace and give up the spirit.

20 "Only don't do two things to me;
then I will not hide myself from your face:

21 withdraw your hand far from me;
and don't let your terror make me afraid.

22 Then call, and I will answer;
or let me speak, and you answer me.

23 How many are my iniquities and sins?
Make me know my disobedience and my sin.

24 Why hide you your face,
and hold me for your enemy?

25 Will you harass a driven leaf?
Will you pursue the dry stubble?

26 For you write bitter things against me,
and make me inherit the iniquities of my youth:

27 You also put my feet in the stocks,
and mark all my paths.
You set a bound to the soles of my feet,

28 though I am decaying like a rotten thing,
like a garment that is moth-eaten.

14:1 "Man, who is born of a woman,
is of few days, and full of trouble.

2 He comes forth like a flower, and is cut down.
He also flees like a shadow, and doesn't continue.

3 Do you open your eyes on such a one,
and bring me into judgment with you?

4 Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean?
Not one.

5 Seeing his days are determined,
the number of his months is with you,
and you have appointed his bounds that he can't pass;

6 Look away from him, that he may rest,
until he shall accomplish, as a hireling, his day.

-----