8.08.2012

Today's Bible story

August 8, 2012

We hope that today is a good day.

Today's Bible story based on the calendar of the Catholic Church.
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/calendar.php

Most of these contents are things of The World English Bible.
http://ebible.org/web/

We hope that everyone in the peace of the Lord.

-----

+ Saints: St. Dominic

-----

+ First Reading: Jeremiah 31:1-7

1 At that time, says Yahweh, will I be the God of all the families of Israel, and they shall be my people.

2 Yahweh says, The people who were left of the sword found favor in the wilderness; even Israel, when I went to cause him to rest.

3 Yahweh appeared of old to me, saying, Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love: therefore with loving kindness have I drawn you.

4 Again will I build you, and you shall be built, O virgin of Israel: again you shall be adorned with your tambourines, and shall go out in the dances of those who make merry.

5 Again you shall plant vineyards on the mountains of Samaria; the planters shall plant, and shall enjoy its fruit.

6 For there shall be a day, that the watchmen on the hills of Ephraim shall cry, Arise, and let us go up to Zion to Yahweh our God.

7 For Yahweh says, Sing with gladness for Jacob, and shout for the chief of the nations: publish, praise, and say, Yahweh, save your people, the remnant of Israel.

-----

+ Psalm: Jeremiah 31:10, 11-12ab, 13

10 Hear Yahweh's word, you nations, and declare it in the islands afar off; and say, He who scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him, as a shepherd does his flock.

11 For Yahweh has ransomed Jacob, and redeemed him from the hand of him who was stronger than he.

12ab They shall come and sing in the height of Zion, and shall flow to the goodness of Yahweh, to the grain, and to the new wine, and to the oil, and to the young of the flock and of the herd:

13 Then shall the virgin rejoice in the dance, and the young men and the old together; for I will turn their mourning into joy, and will comfort them, and make them rejoice from their sorrow.

-----

+ Gospel: Matthew 15: 21-28

21 Jesus went out from there, and withdrew into the region of Tyre and Sidon.

22 Behold, a Canaanite woman came out from those borders, and cried, saying, "Have mercy on me, Lord, you son of David! My daughter is severely possessed by a demon!"

23 But he answered her not a word.
His disciples came and begged him, saying, "Send her away; for she cries after us."

24 But he answered, "I wasn't sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

25 But she came and worshiped him, saying, "Lord, help me."

26 But he answered, "It is not appropriate to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs."

27 But she said, "Yes, Lord, but even the dogs eat the crumbs which fall from their masters' table."

28 Then Jesus answered her, "Woman, great is your faith! Be it done to you even as you desire." And her daughter was healed from that hour.

-----

+ Today's Reading: Joel 2:28-3:8

2:28 "It will happen afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh;
and your sons and your daughters will prophesy.
Your old men will dream dreams.
Your young men will see visions.

29 And also on the servants and on the handmaids in those days,
I will pour out my Spirit.

30 I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth:
blood, fire, and pillars of smoke.

31 The sun will be turned into darkness,
and the moon into blood,
before the great and terrible day of Yahweh comes.

32 It will happen that whoever will call on Yahweh's name shall be saved;
for in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be those who escape,
as Yahweh has said,
and among the remnant, those whom Yahweh calls.

3:1 "For, behold, in those days,
and in that time,
when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem,

2 I will gather all nations,
and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat;
and I will execute judgment on them there for my people,
and for my heritage, Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations.
They have divided my land,

3 and have cast lots for my people,
and have given a boy for a prostitute,
and sold a girl for wine, that they may drink.

4 "Yes, and what are you to me, Tyre, and Sidon,
and all the regions of Philistia?
Will you repay me?
And if you repay me,
I will swiftly and speedily return your repayment on your own head.

5 Because you have taken my silver and my gold,
and have carried my finest treasures into your temples,

6 and have sold the children of Judah and the children of Jerusalem to the sons of the Greeks,
that you may remove them far from their border.

7 Behold, I will stir them up out of the place where you have sold them,
and will return your repayment on your own head;

8 and I will sell your sons and your daughters into the hands of the children of Judah,
and they will sell them to the men of Sheba,
to a faraway nation,
for Yahweh has spoken it."

-----