11.17.2020

 Today's Bible story *

November 17, 2020

I hope that you have a nice day today too.

-----

Memorial of Saint Elizabeth of Hungary, Religious

-----

Gospel : Luke 19:1-10

1 He entered and was passing through Jericho.

2 There was a man named Zacchaeus. He was a chief tax collector, and he was rich.

3 He was trying to see who Jesus was, and couldn't because of the crowd, because he was short.

4 He ran on ahead, and climbed up into a sycamore tree to see him, for he was going to pass that way.

5 When Jesus came to the place, he looked up and saw him, and said to him, "Zacchaeus, hurry and come down, for today I must stay at your house."

6 He hurried, came down, and received him joyfully.

7 When they saw it, they all murmured, saying, "He has gone in to lodge with a man who is a sinner."

8 Zacchaeus stood and said to the Lord, "Behold, Lord, half of my goods I give to the poor. If I have wrongfully exacted anything of anyone, I restore four times as much."

9 Jesus said to him, "Today, salvation has come to this house, because he also is a son of Abraham.

10 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save that which was lost."

-----

Revelation 3:1-6, 14-22

1 "And to the angel of the assembly in Sardis write:
"He who has the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars says these things:
"I know your works, that you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead.

2 Wake up, and keep the things that remain, which you were about to throw away, for I have found no works of yours perfected before my God.

3 Remember therefore how you have received and heard. Keep it, and repent. If therefore you won't watch, I will come as a thief, and you won't know what hour I will come upon you.

4 Nevertheless you have a few names in Sardis that did not defile their garments. They will walk with me in white, for they are worthy.

5 He who overcomes will be arrayed in white garments, and I will in no way blot his name out of the book of life, and I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

6 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the assemblies.

14 "To the angel of the assembly in Laodicea write:
"The Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Head of God's creation, says these things:

15 "I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were cold or hot.

16 So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will vomit you out of my mouth.

17 Because you say, 'I am rich, and have gotten riches, and have need of nothing;' and don't know that you are the wretched one, miserable, poor, blind, and naked;

18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, that you may become rich; and white garments, that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes, that you may see.

19 As many as I love, I reprove and chasten. Be zealous therefore, and repent.

20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, then I will come in to him, and will dine with him, and he with me.

21 He who overcomes, I will give to him to sit down with me on my throne, as I also overcame, and sat down with my Father on his throne.

22 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the assemblies."

-----

* The World English Bible
http://ebible.org/web/

◇ November 17, 2020 Daily Mass Reading
http://www.hanamori.info/u/go/20201117bible.html

◇ Daily Readings November 17, 2020
http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/111720.cfm

◇ Abiding Radio Instrumental
https://www.abidingradio.org/radio/instrumental

◇ Today's Bible Story
http://todaysbiblestory.seesaa.net/

-----