9.15.2022

 Today's Bible story *

September 15, 2022

Have a good day!

-----

Memorial of Our Lady of Sorrows

-----

Gospel : John 19:25-27

25 But there were standing by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene.

26 Therefore when Jesus saw his mother, and the disciple whom he loved standing there, he said to his mother, "Woman, behold, your son!"

27 Then he said to the disciple, "Behold, your mother!" From that hour, the disciple took her to his own home.

---
Or
Gospel : Luke 2:33-35

33 Joseph and his mother were marvelling at the things which were spoken concerning him,

34 and Simeon blessed them, and said to Mary, his mother, "Behold, this child is set for the falling and the rising of many in Israel, and for a sign which is spoken against.

35 Yes, a sword will pierce through your own soul, that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed."

-----

1 Corinthians 15:1-11

1 Now I declare to you, brothers, the Good News which I preached to you, which also you received, in which you also stand,

2 by which also you are saved, if you hold firmly the word which I preached to you?unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.

6 Then he appeared to over five hundred brothers at once, most of whom remain until now, but some have also fallen asleep.

7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles,

8 and last of all, as to the child born at the wrong time, he appeared to me also.

9 For I am the least of the apostles, who is not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the assembly of God.

10 But by the grace of God I am what I am. His grace which was given to me was not futile, but I worked more than all of them; yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

11 Whether then it is I or they, so we preach, and so you believed.

-----

* The World English Bible
http://ebible.org/web/

◇ September 15, 2022 USCCB Daily Mass Readings
https://bible.usccb.org/podcasts/audio/2022-09-15-usccb-daily-mass-readings

◇ Daily Readings September 15, 2022
http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/091522.cfm

◇ Abiding Radio Instrumental (BGM)
https://www.abidingradio.org/radio/instrumental

◇ Today's Bible Story
http://todaysbiblestory.seesaa.net/

-----