3.26.2012

Today's Bible story

March 26, 2012

We hope that today is a good day.

Today's Bible story based on the calendar of the Catholic Church.
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/calendar.php

Most of these contents are things of The World English Bible.
http://ebible.org/web/

We hope that everyone in the peace of the Lord.

-----

+ First Reading: Isaiah 7:10-14; 8:10

7:10 Yahweh spoke again to Ahaz, saying,

11 "Ask a sign of Yahweh your God; ask it either in the depth, or in the height above."

12 But Ahaz said, "I will not ask, neither will I tempt Yahweh."

13 He said, "Listen now, house of David. Is it not enough for you to try the patience of men, that you will try the patience of my God also?

14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin will conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.*"Immanuel" means "God with us."

8:10 Take counsel together, and it will be brought to nothing; speak the word, and it will not stand: for God is with us."

*7:14: "Immanuel" means "God with us."

-----

+ Psalm: Psalms 40:6-10

6 Sacrifice and offering you didn't desire.
You have opened my ears.
You have not required burnt offering and sin offering.

7 Then I said, "Behold, I have come.
It is written about me in the book in the scroll.

8 I delight to do your will, my God.
Yes, your law is within my heart."

9 I have proclaimed glad news of righteousness in the great assembly.
Behold, I will not seal my lips, Yahweh, you know.

10 I have not hidden your righteousness within my heart.
I have declared your faithfulness and your salvation.
I have not concealed your loving kindness and your truth from the great assembly.

-----

+ Second Reading: Hebrews 10:4-10

4 For it is impossible that the blood of bulls and goats should take away sins.

5 Therefore when he comes into the world, he says,
"Sacrifice and offering you didn't desire,
but you prepared a body for me;

6 You had no pleasure in whole burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin.

7 Then I said, 'Behold, I have come (in the scroll of the book it is written of me)
to do your will, O God.'"*Psalm 40:6-8

8 Previously saying, "Sacrifices and offerings and whole burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin you didn't desire, neither had pleasure in them" (those which are offered according to the law),

9 then he has said, "Behold, I have come to do your will." He takes away the first, that he may establish the second,

10 by which will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

*10:7: Psalm 40:6-8

-----

+ Gospel: Luke 1:26-38

26 Now in the sixth month, the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,

27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin's name was Mary.

28 Having come in, the angel said to her, "Rejoice, you highly favored one! The Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women!"

29 But when she saw him, she was greatly troubled at the saying, and considered what kind of salutation this might be.

30 The angel said to her, "Don't be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.

31 Behold, you will conceive in your womb, and bring forth a son, and will call his name 'Jesus.'

32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father, David,

33 and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever. There will be no end to his Kingdom."

34 Mary said to the angel, "How can this be, seeing I am a virgin?"

35 The angel answered her, "The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore also the holy one who is born from you will be called the Son of God.

36 Behold, Elizabeth, your relative, also has conceived a son in her old age; and this is the sixth month with her who was called barren.

37 For everything spoken by God is possible."

38 Mary said, "Behold, the handmaid of the Lord; be it to me according to your word."
The angel departed from her.

-----

+ Today's Reading: Chronicles 17:1-15

1 It happened, when David lived in his house, that David said to Nathan the prophet, "Behold, I dwell in a house of cedar, but the ark of the covenant of Yahweh is under curtains."

2 Nathan said to David, "Do all that is in your heart; for God is with you."

3 It happened the same night, that the word of God came to Nathan, saying,

4 "Go and tell David my servant, 'Thus says Yahweh, "You shall not build me a house to dwell in;

5 for I have not lived in a house since the day that I brought up Israel, to this day, but have gone from tent to tent, and from one tent to another.

6 In all places in which I have walked with all Israel, did I speak a word with any of the judges of Israel, whom I commanded to be shepherd of my people, saying, 'Why have you not built me a house of cedar?'"'

7 "Now therefore, you shall tell my servant David, 'Thus says Yahweh of Armies, "I took you from the sheep pen, from following the sheep, that you should be prince over my people Israel.

8 I have been with you wherever you have gone, and have cut off all your enemies from before you. I will make you a name, like the name of the great ones who are in the earth.

9 I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in their own place, and be moved no more; neither shall the children of wickedness waste them any more, as at the first,

10 and from the day that I commanded judges to be over my people Israel; and I will subdue all your enemies. Moreover I tell you that Yahweh will build you a house.

11 It shall happen, when your days are fulfilled that you must go to be with your fathers, that I will set up your seed after you, who shall be of your sons; and I will establish his kingdom.

12 He shall build me a house, and I will establish his throne forever.

13 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. I will not take my loving kindness away from him, as I took it from him that was before you;

14 but I will settle him in my house and in my kingdom forever. His throne shall be established forever."'"

15 According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so Nathan spoke to David.

-----