3.27.2012

Today's Bible story

March 27, 2012

We hope that today is a good day.

Today's Bible story based on the calendar of the Catholic Church.
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/calendar.php

Most of these contents are things of The World English Bible.
http://ebible.org/web/

We hope that everyone in the peace of the Lord.

-----

Saints: St. Rupert

-----

+ First Reading: Numbers 21:4-9

4 They traveled from Mount Hor by the way to the Red Sea*, to compass the land of Edom: and the soul of the people was much discouraged because of the way.

5 The people spoke against God, and against Moses, "Why have you brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? For there is no bread, and there is no water; and our soul loathes this light bread."

6 Yahweh sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and many people of Israel died.

7 The people came to Moses, and said, "We have sinned, because we have spoken against Yahweh, and against you. Pray to Yahweh, that he take away the serpents from us." Moses prayed for the people.

8 Yahweh said to Moses, "Make a fiery serpent, and set it on a standard: and it shall happen, that everyone who is bitten, when he sees it, shall live."

9 Moses made a serpent of brass, and set it on the standard: and it happened, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he looked to the serpent of brass, he lived.

*21:4: or, Sea of Reeds

-----

+ Psalm: Psalms 102:1-2, 15-20

1 Hear my prayer, Yahweh!
Let my cry come to you.

2 Don't hide your face from me in the day of my distress.
Turn your ear to me.
Answer me quickly in the day when I call.

15 So the nations will fear the name of Yahweh;
all the kings of the earth your glory.

16 For Yahweh has built up Zion.
He has appeared in his glory.

17 He has responded to the prayer of the destitute,
and has not despised their prayer.

18 This will be written for the generation to come.
A people which will be created will praise Yah.

19 For he has looked down from the height of his sanctuary.
From heaven, Yahweh saw the earth;

20 to hear the groans of the prisoner;
to free those who are condemned to death;

-----

+ Gospel: John 8:21-30

21 Jesus said therefore again to them, "I am going away, and you will seek me, and you will die in your sins. Where I go, you can't come."

22 The Jews therefore said, "Will he kill himself, that he says, 'Where I am going, you can't come?'"

23 He said to them, "You are from beneath. I am from above. You are of this world. I am not of this world.

24 I said therefore to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am§he, you will die in your sins."

25 They said therefore to him, "Who are you?"
Jesus said to them, "Just what I have been saying to you from the beginning.

26 I have many things to speak and to judge concerning you. However he who sent me is true; and the things which I heard from him, these I say to the world."

27 They didn't understand that he spoke to them about the Father.

28 Jesus therefore said to them, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he, and I do nothing of myself, but as my Father taught me, I say these things.

29 He who sent me is with me. The Father hasn't left me alone, for I always do the things that are pleasing to him."

30 As he spoke these things, many believed in him.

-----

+ Today's Reading: Numbers 8:13-9:8

8:13 You shall set the Levites before Aaron, and before his sons, and offer them as a wave offering to Yahweh.

14 Thus you shall separate the Levites from among the children of Israel, and the Levites shall be mine.

15 "After that, the Levites shall go in to do the service of the Tent of Meeting: and you shall cleanse them, and offer them as a wave offering.

16 For they are wholly given to me from among the children of Israel; instead of all who open the womb, even the firstborn of all the children of Israel, I have taken them to me.

17 For all the firstborn among the children of Israel are mine, both man and animal. On the day that I struck all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, I sanctified them for myself.

18 I have taken the Levites instead of all the firstborn among the children of Israel.

19 I have given the Levites as a gift to Aaron and to his sons from among the children of Israel, to do the service of the children of Israel in the Tent of Meeting, and to make atonement for the children of Israel; that there be no plague among the children of Israel, when the children of Israel come near to the sanctuary."

20 Moses, and Aaron, and all the congregation of the children of Israel did so to the Levites. According to all that Yahweh commanded Moses concerning the Levites, so the children of Israel did to them.

21 The Levites purified themselves from sin, and they washed their clothes; and Aaron offered them for a wave offering before Yahweh; and Aaron made atonement for them to cleanse them.

22 After that, the Levites went in to do their service in the Tent of Meeting before Aaron, and before his sons: as Yahweh had commanded Moses concerning the Levites, so they did to them.

23 Yahweh spoke to Moses, saying,

24 "This is that which belongs to the Levites: from twenty-five years old and upward they shall go in to wait on the service in the work of the Tent of Meeting;

25 and from the age of fifty years they shall cease waiting on the work, and shall serve no more,

26 but shall minister with their brothers in the Tent of Meeting, to perform the duty, and shall do no service. You shall do thus to the Levites concerning their duties."

9:1 Yahweh spoke to Moses in the wilderness of Sinai, in the first month of the second year after they had come out of the land of Egypt, saying,

2 "Moreover let the children of Israel keep the Passover in its appointed season.

3 On the fourteenth day of this month, at evening, you shall keep it in its appointed season—according to all its statutes, and according to all its ordinances, you shall keep it."

4 Moses spoke to the children of Israel, that they should keep the Passover.

5 They kept the Passover in the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month, at evening, in the wilderness of Sinai. According to all that Yahweh commanded Moses, so the children of Israel did.

6 There were certain men, who were unclean because of the dead body of a man, so that they could not keep the Passover on that day, and they came before Moses and before Aaron on that day.

7 Those men said to him, "We are unclean because of the dead body of a man. Why are we kept back, that we may not offer the offering of Yahweh in its appointed season among the children of Israel?"

8 Moses answered them, "Wait, that I may hear what Yahweh will command concerning you."

-----