3.28.2012

Today's Bible story

March 28, 2012

We hope that today is a good day.

Today's Bible story based on the calendar of the Catholic Church.
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/calendar.php

Most of these contents are things of The World English Bible.
http://ebible.org/web/

We hope that everyone in the peace of the Lord.

-----

+ Saints: St. Sixtus III, Pope

----

+ First Reading: Numbers 21:4-9

4 They traveled from Mount Hor by the way to the Red Sea, to go around the land of Edom The soul of the people was very discouraged because of the journey.

5 The people spoke against God, and against Moses, "Why have you brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? For there is no bread, and there is no water; and our soul loathes this light bread."

6 Yahweh sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people. Many people of Israel died.

7 The people came to Moses, and said, "We have sinned, because we have spoken against Yahweh, and against you. Pray to Yahweh, that he take away the serpents from us." Moses prayed for the people.

8 Yahweh said to Moses, "Make a fiery serpent, and set it on a pole. It shall happen, that everyone who is bitten, when he sees it, shall live."

9 Moses made a serpent of brass, and set it on the pole. If a serpent had bitten any man, when he looked at the serpent of brass, he lived.

-----

+ Psalm: Daniel 3:52, 53, 55, 56

52 "Blessed are you, O Lord God of our fathers;
and praised and exalted above all for ever.
And blessed is your glorious and holy name;
and praised and exalted above all for ever.

53 Blessed are you in the temple of your holy glory;
and praised and glorified above all for ever.

55 Blessed are you, who beholds the abyss while sitting upon the cherubims;
and praised and exalted above all for ever.

56 Blessed are you in the firmament of heaven;
and above all praised and glorified for ever.

-----

+ Gospel: John 8:21-30

21 Jesus said therefore again to them, "I am going away, and you will seek me, and you will die in your sins. Where I go, you can't come."

22 The Jews therefore said, "Will he kill himself, that he says, 'Where I am going, you can't come'?"

23 He said to them, "You are from beneath. I am from above. You are of this world. I am not of this world.

24 I said therefore to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am*he, you will die in your sins."

25 They said therefore to him, "Who are you?"
Jesus said to them, "Just what I have been saying to you from the beginning.

26 I have many things to speak and to judge concerning you. However he who sent me is true; and the things which I heard from him, these I say to the world."

27 They didn't understand that he spoke to them about the Father.

28 Jesus therefore said to them, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he, and I do nothing of myself, but as my Father taught me, I say these things.

29 He who sent me is with me. The Father hasn't left me alone, for I always do the things that are pleasing to him."

30 As he spoke these things, many believed in him.

-----

+ Today's Reading: 民数記(11:18-20、12:1-13)

11:18 "Say to the people, 'Sanctify yourselves against tomorrow, and you will eat flesh; for you have wept in the ears of Yahweh, saying, "Who will give us flesh to eat? For it was well with us in Egypt." Therefore Yahweh will give you flesh, and you will eat.

19 You will not eat one day, nor two days, nor five days, neither ten days, nor twenty days,

20 but a whole month, until it come out at your nostrils, and it is loathsome to you; because that you have rejected Yahweh who is among you, and have wept before him, saying, "Why did we come out of Egypt?"'"

12:1 Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Cushite woman whom he had married; for he had married a Cushite woman.

2 They said, "Has Yahweh indeed spoken only with Moses? Hasn't he spoken also with us?" And Yahweh heard it.

3 Now the man Moses was very humble, above all the men who were on the surface of the earth.

4 Yahweh spoke suddenly to Moses, to Aaron, and to Miriam, "You three come out to the Tent of Meeting!"
The three of them came out.

5 Yahweh came down in a pillar of cloud, and stood at the door of the Tent, and called Aaron and Miriam; and they both came forward.

6 He said, "Now hear my words. If there is a prophet among you, I, Yahweh, will make myself known to him in a vision. I will speak with him in a dream.

7 My servant Moses is not so. He is faithful in all my house.

8 With him, I will speak mouth to mouth, even plainly, and not in riddles; and he shall see Yahweh's form. Why then were you not afraid to speak against my servant, against Moses?"

9 Yahweh's anger was kindled against them; and he departed.

10 The cloud departed from over the Tent; and behold, Miriam was leprous, as white as snow. Aaron looked at Miriam, and behold, she was leprous.

11 Aaron said to Moses, "Oh, my lord, please don't count this sin against us, in which we have done foolishly, and in which we have sinned.

12 Let her not, I pray, be as one dead, of whom the flesh is half consumed when he comes out of his mother's womb."

13 Moses cried to Yahweh, saying, "Heal her, God, I beg you!"

-----