3.29.2012

Today's Bible story

March 29, 2012

We hope that today is a good day.

Today's Bible story based on the calendar of the Catholic Church.
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/calendar.php

Most of these contents are things of The World English Bible.
http://ebible.org/web/

We hope that everyone in the peace of the Lord.

-----

+ Saints: St. Joseph of Arimathea

-----

+ First Reading: Genesis 17:3-9

3 Abram fell on his face. God talked with him, saying,

4 "As for me, behold, my covenant is with you. You will be the father of a multitude of nations.

5 Neither will your name any more be called Abram, but your name will be Abraham; for I have made you the father of a multitude of nations.

6 I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make nations of you. Kings will come out of you.

7 I will establish my covenant between me and you and your seed after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God to you and to your seed after you.

8 I will give to you, and to your seed after you, the land where you are traveling, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession. I will be their God."

9 God said to Abraham, "As for you, you will keep my covenant, you and your seed after you throughout their generations.

-----

+ Psalm: Psalms 105:4-9

4 Seek Yahweh and his strength.
Seek his face forever more.

5 Remember his marvelous works that he has done;
his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth,

6 you seed of Abraham, his servant,
you children of Jacob, his chosen ones.

7 He is Yahweh, our God.
His judgments are in all the earth.

8 He has remembered his covenant forever,
the word which he commanded to a thousand generations,

9 the covenant which he made with Abraham,
his oath to Isaac.

-----

+ Gospel: John 8:51-59

51 Most certainly, I tell you, if a person keeps my word, he will never see death."

52 Then the Jews said to him, "Now we know that you have a demon. Abraham died, and the prophets; and you say, 'If a man keeps my word, he will never taste of death.'

53 Are you greater than our father, Abraham, who died? The prophets died. Who do you make yourself out to be?"

54 Jesus answered, "If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father who glorifies me, of whom you say that he is our God.

55 You have not known him, but I know him. If I said, 'I don't know him,' I would be like you, a liar. But I know him, and keep his word.

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day. He saw it, and was glad."

57 The Jews therefore said to him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?"
58 Jesus said to them, "Most certainly, I tell you, before Abraham came into existence, I AM.††or, I am"

59 Therefore they took up stones to throw at him, but Jesus was hidden, and went out of the temple, having gone through their midst, and so passed by.

††8:58: or, I am

-----

+ Today's Reading: 民数記(15:10-21)

10 and you shall offer for the drink offering half a hin of wine, for an offering made by fire, of a pleasant aroma to Yahweh.

11 Thus shall it be done for each bull, or for each ram, or for each of the male lambs, or of the young goats.

12 According to the number that you shall prepare, so you shall do to everyone according to their number.

13 "'All who are native-born shall do these things in this way, in offering an offering made by fire, of a pleasant aroma to Yahweh.

14 If a stranger lives as a foreigner with you, or whoever may be among you throughout your generations, and will offer an offering made by fire, of a pleasant aroma to Yahweh; as you do, so he shall do.

15 For the assembly, there shall be one statute for you, and for the stranger who lives as a foreigner, a statute forever throughout your generations: as you are, so shall the foreigner be before Yahweh.

16 One law and one ordinance shall be for you, and for the stranger who lives as a foreigner with you.'"

17 Yahweh spoke to Moses, saying,

18 "Speak to the children of Israel, and tell them, 'When you come into the land where I bring you,

19 then it shall be that when you eat of the bread of the land, you shall offer up a wave offering to Yahweh.

20 Of the first of your dough you shall offer up a cake for a wave offering: as the wave offering of the threshing floor, so you shall heave it.

21 Of the first of your dough you shall give to Yahweh a wave offering throughout your generations.
-----