7.08.2012

Today's Bible story

July 8, 2012

Sunday of the Fourteenth Week in Ordinary Time

We hope that today is a good day.

Today's Bible story based on the calendar of the Catholic Church.
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/calendar.php

Most of these contents are things of The World English Bible.
http://ebible.org/web/

We hope that everyone in the peace of the Lord.

-----

+ Saints: Sts. Aquila and Priscilla

-----

+ First Reading: Ezekial 2:2-5

2 The Spirit entered into me when he spoke to me, and set me on my feet; and I heard him who spoke to me.

3 He said to me, Son of man, I send you to the children of Israel, to a nation of rebels who have rebelled against me. They and their fathers have transgressed against me even to this very day.

4 The children are impudent and stiff-hearted: I am sending you to them; and you shall tell them, Thus says the Lord*The word translated "Lord" is "Adonai." Yahweh.

5 They, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear, (for they are a rebellious house), yet shall know that there has been a prophet among them.

*2:4: The word translated "Lord" is "Adonai."

-----

+ Psalm: Psalms 123:1-4

1 To you I do lift up my eyes,
you who sit in the heavens.

2 Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their master,
as the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress;
so our eyes look to Yahweh, our God,
until he has mercy on us.

3 Have mercy on us, Yahweh, have mercy on us,
for we have endured much contempt.

4 Our soul is exceedingly filled with the scoffing of those who are at ease,
with the contempt of the proud.

-----

+ Second Reading: 2 Corinthians 12:7-10

7 By reason of the exceeding greatness of the revelations, that I should not be exalted excessively, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me, that I should not be exalted excessively.

8 Concerning this thing, I begged the Lord three times that it might depart from me.

9 He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Most gladly therefore I will rather glory in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest on me.

10 Therefore I take pleasure in weaknesses, in injuries, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then am I strong.

-----

+ Today's Reading: Proverbs 1:1-7、20-33

1 The proverbs of Solomon, the son of David, king of Israel:

2 to know wisdom and instruction;
to discern the words of understanding;

3 to receive instruction in wise dealing,
in righteousness, justice, and equity;

4 to give prudence to the simple,
knowledge and discretion to the young man:

5 that the wise man may hear, and increase in learning;
that the man of understanding may attain to sound counsel:

6 to understand a proverb, and parables,
the words and riddles of the wise.

7 The fear of Yahweh*"Yahweh" is God's proper Name, sometimes rendered "LORD" (all caps) in other translations. is the beginning of knowledge;
but the foolish despise wisdom and instruction.

20 Wisdom calls aloud in the street.
She utters her voice in the public squares.

21 She calls at the head of noisy places.
At the entrance of the city gates, she utters her words:

22 "How long, you simple ones, will you love simplicity?
How long will mockers delight themselves in mockery,
and fools hate knowledge?

23 Turn at my reproof.
Behold, I will pour out my spirit on you.
I will make known my words to you.

24 Because I have called, and you have refused;
I have stretched out my hand, and no one has paid attention;

25 but you have ignored all my counsel,
and wanted none of my reproof;

26 I also will laugh at your disaster.
I will mock when calamity overtakes you;

27 when calamity overtakes you like a storm,
when your disaster comes on like a whirlwind;
when distress and anguish come on you.

28 Then will they call on me, but I will not answer.
They will seek me diligently, but they will not find me;

29 because they hated knowledge,
and didn't choose the fear of Yahweh.

30 They wanted none of my counsel.
They despised all my reproof.

31 Therefore they will eat of the fruit of their own way,
and be filled with their own schemes.

32 For the backsliding of the simple will kill them.
The careless ease of fools will destroy them.
33 But whoever listens to me will dwell securely,
and will be at ease, without fear of harm."

-----