7.31.2012

Today's Bible story

July 31, 2012

We hope that today is a good day.

Today's Bible story based on the calendar of the Catholic Church.
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/calendar.php

Most of these contents are things of The World English Bible.
http://ebible.org/web/

We hope that everyone in the peace of the Lord.

-----

+ Saints: St. Ignatius of Loyola

-----

+ First Reading: Jeremiah 14:17-22

17 You shall say this word to them, Let my eyes run down with tears night and day, and let them not cease; for the virgin daughter of my people is broken with a great breach, with a very grievous wound.

18 If I go forth into the field, then, behold, the slain with the sword! and if I enter into the city, then, behold, those who are sick with famine! for both the prophet and the priest go about in the land, and have no knowledge.

19 Have you utterly rejected Judah? has your soul loathed Zion? why have you struck us, and there is no healing for us? We looked for peace, but no good came; and for a time of healing, and behold, dismay!

20 We acknowledge, Yahweh, our wickedness, and the iniquity of our fathers; for we have sinned against you.

21 Do not abhor us, for your name's sake; do not disgrace the throne of your glory: remember, don't break your covenant with us.

22 Are there any among the vanities of the nations that can cause rain? or can the sky give showers? Aren't you he, Yahweh our God? therefore we will wait for you; for you have made all these things.

-----

+ Psalm: Psalms 79:8, 9, 11, 13

8 Don't hold the iniquities of our forefathers against us.
Let your tender mercies speedily meet us,
for we are in desperate need.

9 Help us, God of our salvation, for the glory of your name.
Deliver us, and forgive our sins, for your name's sake.

11 Let the sighing of the prisoner come before you.
According to the greatness of your power, preserve those who are sentenced to death.

13 So we, your people and sheep of your pasture,
will give you thanks forever.
We will praise you forever, to all generations.

-----

+ Gospel: Matthew 13:36-43

36 Then Jesus sent the multitudes away, and went into the house. His disciples came to him, saying, "Explain to us the parable of the darnel weeds of the field."

37 He answered them, "He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man,

38 the field is the world; and the good seed, these are the children of the Kingdom; and the darnel weeds are the children of the evil one.

39 The enemy who sowed them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are angels.

40 As therefore the darnel weeds are gathered up and burned with fire; so will it be at the end of this age.

41 The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will gather out of his Kingdom all things that cause stumbling, and those who do iniquity,

42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be weeping and the gnashing of teeth.

43 Then the righteous will shine forth like the sun in the Kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

-----

+ Today's Reading: Job 31:1-8、13-23、35-37

1 "I made a covenant with my eyes,
how then should I look lustfully at a young woman?

2 For what is the portion from God above,
and the heritage from the Almighty on high?

3 Is it not calamity to the unrighteous,
and disaster to the workers of iniquity?

4 Doesn't he see my ways,
and number all my steps?

5 "If I have walked with falsehood,
and my foot has hurried to deceit

6 (let me be weighed in an even balance,
that God may know my integrity);

7 if my step has turned out of the way,
if my heart walked after my eyes,
if any defilement has stuck to my hands,

8 then let me sow, and let another eat.
Yes, let the produce of my field be rooted out.

13 "If I have despised the cause of my male servant
or of my female servant,
when they contended with me;

14 What then shall I do when God rises up?
When he visits, what shall I answer him?

15 Didn't he who made me in the womb make him?
Didn't one fashion us in the womb?

16 "If I have withheld the poor from their desire,
or have caused the eyes of the widow to fail,

17 or have eaten my morsel alone,
and the fatherless has not eaten of it

18 (no, from my youth he grew up with me as with a father,
her have I guided from my mother's womb);

19 if I have seen any perish for want of clothing,
or that the needy had no covering;

20 if his heart hasn't blessed me,
if he hasn't been warmed with my sheep's fleece;

21 if I have lifted up my hand against the fatherless,
because I saw my help in the gate,

22 then let my shoulder fall from the shoulder blade,
and my arm be broken from the bone.

23 For calamity from God is a terror to me.
Because his majesty, I can do nothing.

35 oh that I had one to hear me!
(behold, here is my signature, let the Almighty answer me);
let the accuser write my indictment!

36 Surely I would carry it on my shoulder;
and I would bind it to me as a crown.

37 I would declare to him the number of my steps.
as a prince would I go near to him.

-----