8.01.2012

Today's Bible story

August 1, 2012

We hope that today is a good day.

Today's Bible story based on the calendar of the Catholic Church.
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/calendar.php

Most of these contents are things of The World English Bible.
http://ebible.org/web/

We hope that everyone in the peace of the Lord.

-----

+ Saints: St. Alphonsus Liguori

-----

+ First Reading: Jeremiah 15:10, 16-21

10 Woe is me, my mother, that you have borne me a man of strife and a man of contention to the whole earth! I have not lent, neither have men lent to me; yet everyone of them curses me.

16 Your words were found, and I ate them; and your words were to me a joy and the rejoicing of my heart: for I am called by your name, Yahweh, God of Armies.

17 I didn't sit in the assembly of those who make merry, nor rejoiced; I sat alone because of your hand; for you have filled me with indignation.

18 Why is my pain perpetual, and my wound incurable, which refuses to be healed? Will you indeed be to me as a deceitful brook, like waters that fail?

19 Therefore Yahweh says, If you return, then I will bring you again, that you may stand before me; and if you take out the precious from the vile, you shall be as my mouth: they shall return to you, but you shall not return to them.

20 I will make you to this people a fortified bronze wall; and they shall fight against you, but they shall not prevail against you; for I am with you to save you and to deliver you, says Yahweh.

21 I will deliver you out of the hand of the wicked, and I will redeem you out of the hand of the terrible.

-----

+ Psalm: Psalms 59:1-3, 9-10, 16, 17

1 Deliver me from my enemies, my God.
Set me on high from those who rise up against me.

2 Deliver me from the workers of iniquity.
Save me from the bloodthirsty men.

3 For, behold, they lie in wait for my soul.
The mighty gather themselves together against me,
not for my disobedience, nor for my sin, Yahweh.

9 Oh, my Strength, I watch for you,
for God is my high tower.

10 My God will go before me with his loving kindness.
God will let me look at my enemies in triumph.

16 But I will sing of your strength.
Yes, I will sing aloud of your loving kindness in the morning.
For you have been my high tower,
a refuge in the day of my distress.

17 To you, my strength, I will sing praises.
For God is my high tower, the God of my mercy.

-----

+ Gospel: Matthew 13:44-46

44 "Again, the Kingdom of Heaven is like a treasure hidden in the field, which a man found, and hid. In his joy, he goes and sells all that he has, and buys that field.

45 "Again, the Kingdom of Heaven is like a man who is a merchant seeking fine pearls,

46 who having found one pearl of great price, he went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

-----

+ Today's Reading: Job 32:1-6、33:1-22

32:1 So these three men ceased to answer Job, because he was righteous in his own eyes.

2 Then the wrath of Elihu the son of Barachel, the Buzite, of the family of Ram, was kindled against Job. His wrath was kindled because he justified himself rather than God.

3 Also his wrath was kindled against his three friends, because they had found no answer, and yet had condemned Job.

4 Now Elihu had waited to speak to Job, because they were elder than he.

5 When Elihu saw that there was no answer in the mouth of these three men, his wrath was kindled.

6 Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite answered,
"I am young, and you are very old;
Therefore I held back, and didn't dare show you my opinion.

33:1 "However, Job, please hear my speech,
and listen to all my words.

2 See now, I have opened my mouth.
My tongue has spoken in my mouth.

3 My words shall utter the uprightness of my heart.
That which my lips know they shall speak sincerely.

4 The Spirit of God has made me,
and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

5 If you can, answer me.
Set your words in order before me, and stand up.

6 Behold, I am toward God even as you are.
I am also formed out of the clay.

7 Behold, my terror shall not make you afraid,
neither shall my pressure be heavy on you.

8 "Surely you have spoken in my hearing,
I have heard the voice of your words, saying,

9 'I am clean, without disobedience.
I am innocent, neither is there iniquity in me.

10 Behold, he finds occasions against me.
He counts me for his enemy.

11 He puts my feet in the stocks.
He marks all my paths.'

12 "Behold, I will answer you. In this you are not just,
for God is greater than man.

13 Why do you strive against him,
because he doesn't give account of any of his matters?

14 For God speaks once,
yes twice, though man pays no attention.

15 In a dream, in a vision of the night,
when deep sleep falls on men,
in slumbering on the bed;

16 Then he opens the ears of men,
and seals their instruction,

17 That he may withdraw man from his purpose,
and hide pride from man.

18 He keeps back his soul from the pit,
and his life from perishing by the sword.

19 He is chastened also with pain on his bed,
with continual strife in his bones;

20 So that his life abhors bread,
and his soul dainty food.

21 His flesh is so consumed away, that it can't be seen.
His bones that were not seen stick out.

22 Yes, his soul draws near to the pit,
and his life to the destroyers.

-----