8.02.2012

Today's Bible story

August 2, 2012

We hope that today is a good day.

Today's Bible story based on the calendar of the Catholic Church.
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/calendar.php

Most of these contents are things of The World English Bible.
http://ebible.org/web/

We hope that everyone in the peace of the Lord.

-----

+ Saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard

-----

+ First Reading: Jeremiah 18:1-6

1 The word which came to Jeremiah from Yahweh, saying,

2 Arise, and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause you to hear my words.

3 Then I went down to the potter's house, and behold, he was making a work on the wheels.

4 When the vessel that he made of the clay was marred in the hand of the potter, he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.

5 Then Yahweh's word came to me, saying,

6 House of Israel, can't I do with you as this potter? says Yahweh. Behold, as the clay in the potter's hand, so are you in my hand, house of Israel.

-----

+ Psalm: Psalms 146:1-6ab

1 Praise Yah!
Praise Yahweh, my soul.

2 While I live, I will praise Yahweh.
I will sing praises to my God as long as I exist.

3 Don't put your trust in princes,
each a son of man in whom there is no help.

4 His spirit departs, and he returns to the earth.
In that very day, his thoughts perish.

5 Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help,
whose hope is in Yahweh, his God:

6 who made heaven and earth,
the sea, and all that is in them;

-----

+ Gospel: Matthew 13:47-53

47 "Again, the Kingdom of Heaven is like a dragnet, that was cast into the sea, and gathered some fish of every kind,

48 which, when it was filled, they drew up on the beach. They sat down, and gathered the good into containers, but the bad they threw away.

49 So will it be in the end of the world. The angels will come and separate the wicked from among the righteous,

50 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be the weeping and the gnashing of teeth."

51 Jesus said to them, "Have you understood all these things?"
They answered him, "Yes, Lord."

52 He said to them, "Therefore every scribe who has been made a disciple in the Kingdom of Heaven is like a man who is a householder, who brings out of his treasure new and old things."

53 When Jesus had finished these parables, he departed from there.

-----

+ Today's Reading: Job 38:1-30、40:1-5

38:1 Then Yahweh answered Job out of the whirlwind,

2 "Who is this who darkens counsel
by words without knowledge?

3 Brace yourself like a man,
for I will question you, then you answer me!

4 "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?
Declare, if you have understanding.

5 Who determined its measures, if you know?
Or who stretched the line on it?

6 Whereupon were its foundations fastened?
Or who laid its cornerstone,

7 when the morning stars sang together,
and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

8 "Or who shut up the sea with doors,
when it broke out of the womb,

9 when I made clouds its garment,
and wrapped it in thick darkness,

10 marked out for it my bound,
set bars and doors,

11 and said, 'Here you may come, but no further.
Here your proud waves shall be stayed?'

12 "Have you commanded the morning in your days,
and caused the dawn to know its place;

13 that it might take hold of the ends of the earth,
and shake the wicked out of it?

14 It is changed as clay under the seal,
and presented as a garment.

15 From the wicked, their light is withheld.
The high arm is broken.

16 "Have you entered into the springs of the sea?
Or have you walked in the recesses of the deep?

17 Have the gates of death been revealed to you?
Or have you seen the gates of the shadow of death?

18 Have you comprehended the earth in its breadth?
Declare, if you know it all.

19 "What is the way to the dwelling of light?
As for darkness, where is its place,

20 that you should take it to its bound,
that you should discern the paths to its house?

21 Surely you know, for you were born then,
and the number of your days is great!

22 Have you entered the treasuries of the snow,
or have you seen the treasures of the hail,

23 which I have reserved against the time of trouble,
against the day of battle and war?

24 By what way is the lightning distributed,
or the east wind scattered on the earth?

25 Who has cut a channel for the flood water,
or the path for the thunderstorm;

26 To cause it to rain on a land where no man is;
on the wilderness, in which there is no man;

27 to satisfy the waste and desolate ground,
to cause the tender grass to grow?

28 Does the rain have a father?
Or who fathers the drops of dew?

29 Out of whose womb came the ice?
The gray frost of the sky, who has given birth to it?

30 The waters become hard like stone,
when the surface of the deep is frozen.

40:1 Moreover Yahweh answered Job,

2 "Shall he who argues contend with the Almighty?
He who argues with God, let him answer it."

3 Then Job answered Yahweh,

4 "Behold, I am of small account. What shall I answer you?
I lay my hand on my mouth.

5 I have spoken once, and I will not answer;
Yes, twice, but I will proceed no further."

-----