12.02.2012

Today's Bible story

December 2, 2012

First Sunday of Advent.

We hope that today is a good day.

Today's Bible story based on the calendar of the Catholic Church.
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/calendar.php

Most of these contents are things of The World English Bible.
http://ebible.org/web/

We hope that everyone in the peace of the Lord.

-----

+ Saints:
St. Bibiana
Blessed Liduina Meneguzzi

-----

+ First Reading: Jeremiah 33:14-16

14 Behold, the days come, says Yahweh, that I will perform that good word which I have spoken concerning the house of Israel and concerning the house of Judah.

15 In those days, and at that time, will I cause a Branch of righteousness to grow up to David; and he shall execute justice and righteousness in the land.

16 In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely; and this is the name by which she shall be called: Yahweh our righteousness.

-----

+ Psalm: Psalms 25:4-5, 8-9, 10, 14

4 Show me your ways, Yahweh.
Teach me your paths.

5 Guide me in your truth, and teach me,
For you are the God of my salvation,
I wait for you all day long.

8 Good and upright is Yahweh,
therefore he will instruct sinners in the way.

9 He will guide the humble in justice.
He will teach the humble his way.

10 All the paths of Yahweh are loving kindness and truth
to such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.

14 The friendship of Yahweh is with those who fear him.
He will show them his covenant.

-----

+ Second Reading: 1 Thessalonians 3:12-4:2

3:12 and the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we also do toward you,

13 to the end he may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus with all his saints.

4:1 Finally then, brothers, we beg and exhort you in the Lord Jesus, that as you received from us how you ought to walk and to please God, that you abound more and more.

2 For you know what instructions we gave you through the Lord Jesus.

-----

+ Gospel: Luke 21:25-28, 34-36

25 There will be signs in the sun, moon, and stars; and on the earth anxiety of nations, in perplexity for the roaring of the sea and the waves;

26 men fainting for fear, and for expectation of the things which are coming on the world: for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

27 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

28 But when these things begin to happen, look up, and lift up your heads, because your redemption is near."

34 "So be careful, or your hearts will be loaded down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that day will come on you suddenly.

35 For it will come like a snare on all those who dwell on the surface of all the earth.

36 Therefore be watchful all the time, praying that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will happen, and to stand before the Son of Man."

-----

+ Today's Reading: Isaiah 6:1-13

1 In the year that king Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up; and his train filled the temple.

2 Above him stood the seraphim. Each one had six wings. With two he covered his face. With two he covered his feet. With two he flew.

3 One called to another, and said,
"Holy, holy, holy, is Yahweh of Armies!
The whole earth is full of his glory!"

4 The foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke.

5 Then I said, "Woe is me! For I am undone, because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell among a people of unclean lips: for my eyes have seen the King, Yahweh of Armies!"

6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar.

7 He touched my mouth with it, and said, "Behold, this has touched your lips; and your iniquity is taken away, and your sin forgiven."

8 I heard the Lord's voice, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?"
Then I said, "Here I am. Send me!"

9 He said, "Go, and tell this people,
'You hear indeed,
but don't understand;
and you see indeed,
but don't perceive.'

10 Make the heart of this people fat.
Make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes;
lest they see with their eyes,
and hear with their ears,
and understand with their heart,
and turn again, and be healed."

11 Then I said, "Lord, how long?"
He answered,
"Until cities are waste without inhabitant,
and houses without man,
and the land becomes utterly waste,

12 And Yahweh has removed men far away,
and the forsaken places are many within the land.

13 If there is a tenth left in it,
that also will in turn be consumed:
as a terebinth, and as an oak, whose stock remains when they are felled;
so the holy seed is its stock."

-----