12.03.2012

Today's Bible story

December 3, 2012

We hope that today is a good day.

Today's Bible story based on the calendar of the Catholic Church.
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/calendar.php

Most of these contents are things of The World English Bible.
http://ebible.org/web/

We hope that everyone in the peace of the Lord.

-----

+ Saints: St. Francis Xavier

-----

+ First Reading: Isaiah 2:1-5

1 This is what Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.

2 It shall happen in the latter days, that the mountain of Yahweh's house shall be established on the top of the mountains,
and shall be raised above the hills;
and all nations shall flow to it.

3 Many peoples shall go and say,
"Come, let's go up to the mountain of Yahweh,
to the house of the God of Jacob;
and he will teach us of his ways,
and we will walk in his paths."
For out of Zion the law shall go out,
and Yahweh's word from Jerusalem.

4 He will judge between the nations,
and will decide concerning many peoples;
and they shall beat their swords into plowshares,
and their spears into pruning hooks.
Nation shall not lift up sword against nation,
neither shall they learn war any more.

5 House of Jacob, come, and let us walk in the light of Yahweh.

-----

+ Psalm: Psalms 122:1-2, 3-4b, 4cd-5, 6-7, 8-9

1 I rejoiced at the things that were said to me: We shall go into the house of the Lord.

2 Our feet were standing in thy courts, O Jerusalem.

3 Jerusalem, which is built as a city, which is compact together.

4bcd The tribes of the Lord: the testimony of Israel, to praise the name of the Lord.

5 Because their seats have sat in judgment, seats upon the house of David.

6 Pray ye for the things that are for the peace of Jerusalem: and abundance for them that love thee.

7 Let peace be in thy strength: and abundance in thy towers.

8 For the sake of my brethren, and of my neighbours, I spoke peace of thee.

9 Because of the house of the Lord our God, I have sought good things for thee.

-----

+ Gospel: Matthew 8:5-11

5 When he came into Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking him, 6 and saying, "Lord, my servant lies in the house paralyzed, grievously tormented."

7 Jesus said to him, "I will come and heal him."

8 The centurion answered, "Lord, I'm not worthy for you to come under my roof. Just say the word, and my servant will be healed.

9 For I am also a man under authority, having under myself soldiers. I tell this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and tell another, 'Come,' and he comes; and tell my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it."

10 When Jesus heard it, he marveled, and said to those who followed, "Most certainly I tell you, I haven't found so great a faith, not even in Israel.

11 I tell you that many will come from the east and the west, and will sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the Kingdom of Heaven.
-----

+ Today's Reading: 1 Timothy 5:17-22、6:10-14

17 Let the elders who rule well be counted worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in the word and in teaching.

18 For the Scripture says, "You shall not muzzle the ox when it treads out the grain."☆Deuteronomy 25:4 And, "The laborer is worthy of his wages."☆Luke 10:7; Leviticus 19:13

19 Don't receive an accusation against an elder, except at the word of two or three witnesses.

20 Those who sin, reprove in the sight of all, that the rest also may be in fear.

21 I command you in the sight of God, and Christ Jesus, and the chosen angels, that you observe these things without prejudice, doing nothing by partiality.

22 Lay hands hastily on no one, neither be a participant in other men's sins. Keep yourself pure.
☆5:18: Deuteronomy 25:4

☆5:18: Luke 10:7; Leviticus 19:13

-----